The UpToDate Anywhere App now allows you to have access to UTD where ever you have an Internet connection.
To access UpToDate from off-site and to earn and track continuing education credits:
Learning Forum Webinar Coming Soon:
Don’t miss the January 27th 30 minute UpToDate Learning Forum Webinar on Earning and Redeeming Continuing Education Credits with UpToDate.
To read a full description and register, click on a session time that works for you:
OvidToday is an iPad app that allows you to browse the library’s OvidSP online journal holdings quickly and conveniently on your iPad.
What it Does:
How Do I Get It?
For more information, visit or contact the library.
“On Friday, October 31, an update will be available through the Apple or Android app store that will upgrade your current AAP Red Book app to the new enhanced AAP Red Book app. This new app features upgraded search and browse for quick answers, and an updated design to align with the newly enhanced Red Book Online site. The new app also includes more access to online features when your device is connected to the Internet and better capabilities to keep you on top of Red Book updates….”
For more information: http://redbook.solutions.aap.org/ss/news.aspx
ClinicalKey is the library’s newest information resource. Learn more by signing up for one of their free live webinar’s in May or June. Click on a link below to register:
The webinars will highlight the new look and features (coming soon!) including:
• 1,400+ new Topic Pages that offer quick access to point-of-care content, including risk factors, treatments and more
• A new browse feature with a searchable, filterable list of sources that highlights new books and journals
• A new search history feature enabling you to view and retry recent queries
• A cleaner, mobile-friendly design for discovering clinical content on the go
AccessMedicine has a new look and features, now providing:
• Mobile Device Access
• Download Images to PowerPoint
• Off-Site Access Using Your My Access Account
The library’s subscription includes full text access to 8 medical reference books:
Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine
CMDT: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment
Hall’s Principles of Critical Care
Hurst’s The Heart
Goodman & Gilman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine
Schwartz’s Principles of Surgery
Note: You may be able to search the content of other books on AccessMedicine’s platform but full text access is only available for these 8 titles.
To set up your off-site* and/or mobile login:
1. From a hospital computer, navigate to: http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/
2. Click on [Huntington Memorial Hosp Program] at the top and select the option to “Login or Create a Free Personal Account” and follow the on screen registration instructions.
*Physicians can access library resources from off-site via Citrix or Connect without having to create separate logins. For mobile access, create a personal account login.
Contact the library for more information or to have an account set up for you x5161.
The mobileMicromedex tablet access password and drug interactions and IV compatibility app passwords have now been posted on the Library’s Sharepoint announcements blog. Access from a hospital-networked computer only.
WebWISER 4.5 is now available. This new release integrates Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM) content and updates the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) content to 2012. See below for more information on this release.
CHEMM integration brings the following new features to WISER:
ERG content is now updated to the 2012 release.
(Re-posted from the NLM-WISER-L announcement list)
What is WISER?
WISER is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. WISER provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice.
WISER is available for download as a standalone application on Microsoft Windows PCs, Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, Google Android devices, Windows Mobile devices, BlackBerry devices, Palm OS PDAs, and via WebWISER.
Visit the library’s Mobile Medicine guide for more information on WISER and other mobile apps for Emergency/Disaster Medicine!
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Red Book Online (RBO) provides up-to-date findings on the manifestations, etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of over 200 childhood infectious diseases.
Topic areas include:
The online version also contains a visual image library of more than 2,500 images, vaccine status information and infectious disease news.
Now the full RBO can be downloaded to your iOS or Android device! Here’s how:
1. From a Huntington Hospital networked computer, go to: http://www.aapredbook.org
2. Click on the link Sign In via User Name/Password (at the top)
3. Click on Sign In for Individuals
4. If you are an AAP member, enter your AAP ID Login and Password. If you do not have an AAP ID, click on the New Customer Registration link and follow the registration instructions.
5. Download the Red Book mobile app for Android or iOS
6. Then login on your device with your AAP ID and password
Visit the library’s Mobile Medicine page for more mobile app recommendations!