The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) Red Book Online (RBO) provides up-to-date findings on the manifestations, etiology, epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of over 200 childhood infectious diseases.
Topic areas include:
- School health
- Blood safety
- Drug Therapy
- Antimicrobial prophylaxis
- Disease information (i.e. smallpox, influenza, pneumococcal infections)
The online version also contains a visual image library of more than 2,500 images, vaccine status information and infectious disease news.
Now the full RBO can be downloaded to your iOS or Android device! Here’s how:
1. From a Huntington Hospital networked computer, go to: http://www.aapredbook.org
2. Click on the link Sign In via User Name/Password (at the top)
3. Click on Sign In for Individuals
4. If you are an AAP member, enter your AAP ID Login and Password. If you do not have an AAP ID, click on the New Customer Registration link and follow the registration instructions.
5. Download the Red Book mobile app for Android or iOS
6. Then login on your device with your AAP ID and password